As a fan of both Star Trek Adventures and Herolab (HL going forward), I asked and was given permission to do a UNOFFICIAL dataset for folks to use. As a developer (in my day job as well as messing around in HL) I know what I would like to see, but I would like to know what you, the potential user, would like to see as well. What's essential, what's ok to have, or what you don't want. I would like to know it all. :)
A few of caveats:
1) I am a programmer as my day job with sometimes hectic schedules.
2) Family life takes precedent to development time (and with wife and three teens in house, that can be just as hectic as work life. :) )
3) I'm doing this as an opportunity to give back to the gaming community for way too many years of enjoyment. :)
4) Users would need, as per HL, access to the Authoring Kit in order to run the dataset in full (non-demo) mode.
My current plan is to tackle thing in this order:
1) Main Character Lifepath - I'm not sure if HL would support the random chart rolls, so it would be up to the user to simply roll on a table (perhaps with the built-in roller) and select the resulting option.
2) Supporting Characters
4) Milestone character advancement
Please let me know your thoughts, interest, etc..
Login below to reply: