I have a question on the characters, which ones go with what ship? Or do we just pick characters to go with the era we play in?
Am I somehow missing the playtest adventure, or is that coming in a different email?
No char gen rules? I thought that was expected with this release
1) Will we eventually see stats for shuttlecraft, as well as "generic" versions of the named ships? (e.g. will we have a non-modified/named Intrepid-class or Constitution-class vessels in the final product)
I love seeing named ships, but I also like knowing the "baseline" should I want to write up a campaign.
2) For the Bellerophon's Multi-spectrum Shielding: is the 14 before or after this effect? We don't know what a stock Intrepid-class has with regards to shields, so I do not know if this has been added in.
3) Will there be different rules regarding sizes of ships taking each other on? I ask as the Danube-class is armed enough to be used as "an agile mobile defense platform," meaning it could be (and in canon, has been) used in combat should the situation require it.
4) On the new Pregens sheet, Kareel Toma still has Focuses listed under each Discipline with respective rating. Was this an oversight?
5) Some of my first group asked: is it possible to take one of the Cadets and put them in an officer position in the next stage, or should players stick with the listed senior officers?
6) In the rulebook, page 5 (Changes), Skills have been renamed Disciplines, but on page 10, under Focuses, it states "The Divisions characters are trained in are broad". Was this just a typo, or an alternative name that didn't make the cut?
I may have misread it, but I'm not really getting the Crew Support rules. It seems like those points can be spent, but how do they come back? Or are they not spent, but assigned for a scene and then are free for the next? Seems like something is missing in that section to me.
Poor Intrepid class ships and that forgotten Aeroshuttle. :)
Also, could the Bellerophon swap out a Class 8 shuttle (or two) for Class 9's? I seem to remember Voyager was packing both. There are also versions of the Intrepid class that change the aeroshuttle bay into a hold for a Danube- or similar sized shuttle.